Wednesday 8 July 2015

# travel

Hello Bangkok: Day #2

We started our day with the sound of the rain, it was so nice to hear the sound of the rain while we were in bed.

WAIT! WHAT?! RAIN?!

Apparently it was the raining season for Bangkok while we were there.
Never mind, got out of bed, bathed, got dressed and here we go!

Let's talk about how I loved this hotel so much.
Their breakfast made me fell in love all over again.
Seriously, their breakfast was AMAZING.
The BEST breakfast I have ever eaten in a hotel.

Great environment to have our breakfast.

There were varieties of food for us to choose and they were all super delicious.
He took some macaroni, bacon, egg, sausages and some vegetables with a cup of I don't know what fruit juice it was. 

His yummy breakfast.

Whereas for me, I took some fried rice, macaroni, ham, sausage and curry potato with a cup of apple juice.

My yummy breakfast.

Had our awesome breakfast and we were off the road!

First stop for day #2: Grand Palace.


How did we get there?
We took the BTS from BTS Ratchathewi Station to BTS Saphan Taksin Station then we walked a little to Sathorn Pier to catch a boat.
The boat that we got were Chao Phraya Express Boat and it was only 40Baht per trip. 
We got off at Maharaj Pier and we walked for about 5 to 10 minutes before we reached the Grand Palace. 

There are few things that you need to know before you visit the Grand Palace,

The most important one would be they have a very strict dress code for visitors. 
No shorts, no mini-skirts, no leggings, no see-through blouses and no sandals. Basically you need to be decently dressed.

You need to pay 500Baht per person for the entrance fee which inclusive of access to Wat Phra Kaew, The Royal Decorations & Coins Pavilion, and Queen Sirikit Museum of Textile, which are all located within the Grand Palace compound.

We didn't visit The Royal Decorations & Coins Pavilion and Queen Sirikit Museum of Textile because the weather were so hot, there were a lot of people and we were rushing to another place.

Okay, let's take a look at this beautiful place.

One of my favourite pictures, look at the beautiful sky and the beautiful building.

Even the royal guard has better expression than my bf. xD


That's it for Grand Palace. 
Anyone who plans to visit Bangkok, put this in your to-go list.
It would be worth it, trust me.

Some random pictures while we were walking back to Maharaj Pier.

Second stop for day #2: Chinatown.


How did we get there?
We took the Chao Phraya Express Boat from Maharaj Pier to Rajchawong Pier.
Chinatown is located just beside the pier.

I didn't buy any stuff from Chinatown because it was a little too crowded and the weather was so hot. I needed the air con so badly so we just quickly walked around to look at the place.

Interesting place to shop for those little plushies, little pouches, key chains and some food. 
But sorry, it was too hot.


We went back and took a nice long cold shower to freshen ourselves up. 
Then I saw something in the fridge.

Pineapple! Complimentary from this lovely hotel.

Third stop for day #3: Terminal 21.


How did we get there?
We took the BTS from BTS Ratchathewi Station to BTS Asoke Station then we just walked for like 5 minutes maybe on the sky bridge before we got there.

We went to Terminal 21 to hunt for some food and I loved this shopping very much. 
The shopping mall has like a different world theme for every different floor.
Look at the arrival gate thingy at the escalator, level M for Paris.

Level M - Paris

Level 1 - Tokyo

Level 2 - London

They even have this fake London bus.

And also this.

There was this anime fair going on when we were there and guess what? 
I had mistaken this as the Transformer. 
I was yelling at my bf and said "hey, wait for me, lemme take a picture of the transformer!"
Then he said "shhh! that is not a transformer"

***face palm***

This is NOT a Transformer.

We then went for a food hunting trip, we were so hungry at that time and we needed food so badly.
And we found this, Steak Lover.
The food was nice and the price was reasonable too.
Plus the one I ordered was on promotion and it was only 119Baht.

Steak Lover

Dory Steak & Chicken Steak for only 119Baht.

Pork Steak for him.

Had our great dinner and we continued our journey at Terminal 21.

Say hi to my cowboy, Woody.

To infinity and beyond!

Captain America and I.

Ironman and him.

Fourth stop for day #2: EmQuartier.


EmQuartier is more towards to the luxury kind of mall and yeah we didn't buy anything there but at least we found a beautiful garden.

Quartier Water Garden

It was like entering an Avatar world or fantasy world, there were a lot of colourful lights hanging around and it made everything so beautiful.


Then we came across the peacock world but too bad they had to be in a cage like this.
Wouldn't it be great if they were in a transparent glass cage or something? Like a huge aquarium?


Fifth stop for day #2: Emporium.

Emporium is just like another EmQuartier, another luxury shopping mall that we couldn't afford to buy anything.


Besides than Terminal 21, EmQuartier and Emporium, there are few other shopping malls located around that area. You can just get off at BTS Asoke Station and walk around to explore. 

It was already 9:00pm and both of us couldn't feel our legs anymore so we called it a night and went back to the hotel. 
It was raining heavily on our way back and guess what? I fell down in front of the hotel. Thank God that it was only a bruise, no blood involved so I was fine.

Despite of the heavy rain, we got supper before we went back to the hotel.
7-Eleven supper food and they were seriously amazing!
Bangkok has the best 7-Eleven on earth! Seriously the best.
Make sure you stop by their 7-Eleven when you visit Bangkok.

Ham Cheese Sandwich and Sausage Cheese Sandwich

Shredded Pork with Salad Cream Sandwich

It was really nice after they toasted it for us. 

Ham and Cheese Croissant

And of course, potato chips!

Okay, before we ended the night, let's see what I have bought during the day.

I bought this scrub for 89Baht at Watsons.
The best scrub ever! It has a very sweet smell that I like and you will feel the smoothness of your skin after using this, so nice!

A Bonne Spa White C Creamy Salt

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to tell you guys one more thing. Bangkok has the best Watsons too.
Trust me, they have varieties of skin care products, hair care products or whatever product it is that you need or you want.
Their Watsons stores are huge and filled with a lot of imported products that we can't find it in our local Watsons.
So yeah, put Watsons in your to-visit list. xD

Next I found this Boots Pharmacy. 
Another interesting place to visit because we don't have Boots Pharmacy in Malaysia. Too bad for me.
Before I flew to Bangkok, one of my friends told me that this Intensive Treatment Mask from Almond and Coconut range is really good and she asked me to try it out.
When I was looking for it and I saw they have a whole range of Almond and Coconut so I decided to get them all! 

I bought the Leave-in Conditioner for 77.75Baht, Lip Balm for 61.75Baht, Intensive Treatment Mask for 90.25Baht, Shampoo for 61.75Baht and Conditioner for 61.75Baht.

Almond and Coconut range

Seriously, they were so cheap. That was the price after discount. 

When you are buying things at Boots, don't forget to ask for discount card or tourist card. You can get a 5% off on every item you purchase but I am not sure whether it is a long term kind of promotion or not.
When I bought these, the lady at the counter was really nice and she asked me whether I have this card or not because it was free for tourist and you can get a 5% off on every item.
The best deal ever!

Okay, the end of day #2. 
It was really a tiring day for both of us.
We went out at about 9:00am and we went back to the hotel at about 10:00pm. 
We couldn't feel our legs at all that night after we got back to the hotel.
But it was fun!

Stay tune for day #3 or you can read my Hello Bangkok: Day #1 here.
xoxo~~~♥



じ☆ve【RAchEL】*°                   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Follow Me @rachel_mylif3