Friday 26 January 2018

# recipe

Quick & Easy Overnight Oats

Happy New Year guys!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and a Happy New Year. I still can't believe that another year has gone by (just like that) and here we are, living in year 2018! So here's to another year filled with love, joy and laughter. 🍻

One of my 2018 new year resolutions is to eat healthy so let's begin our healthy eating journey from our very first meal of the day which is breakfast. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day because it is the first meal that provides your body all the nutrient and fuel in order for you to kick start your day after sleeping for about 8 hours. I usually sleep an average of only 6 hours which is about 2 hours lesser than the recommended sleep duration, maybe I should add this into my 2018 new year resolution, get enough of sleep. 😴

Back to our breakfast, I have been obsessing over overnight oats ever since I realized how quick and simple it is to prepare one as your breakfast. Honestly, I was not an oat person and I hated it because of its bland taste and mushy texture. But Instagram and Pinterest disagreed with me because somehow overnight oats was a trend on both of the apps, there were tons and tons of people sharing their overnight oats pictures and recipes. At that time, I thought I must have done something wrong to end up with a bowl of bland and mushy oats. Then I decided to look up on Pinterest for overnight oats recipes to try and here I am, obsessing over this jar of mushy oats.

Okay, let's start making some delicious breakfast for tomorrow, shall we?

The first thing that you will need is a mason jar or whatever jar that you have at home to store your oats. Here I am just reusing one of my empty peanut butter glass jars for my overnight oats. By the way, this is the best natural peanut butter that I have ever tasted in my life. They ain't lying about being "SUPER TASTY!" right here. 😋


Honestly, I was quite skeptical on how it would turn out the next morning because I just don't trust something that comes easy. Basically all you need to do is to mix everything inside a jar, put it in the fridge and let the magic happen; 3 simple steps to get your breakfast ready. How would it taste like the next morning? 🤔

But to my surprise, it tastes really good and here is my favorite overnight oats, I called it the Berry Crunch.


So now let me share with you on how to make this quick and easy overnight oats. 😉

Basically overnight oats consists of two parts which are the base ingredients and toppings.

For the base ingredients:
👉 Rolled oats.
👉 Almond milk or whatever milk that you would prefer.
👉 Chia seed.
👉 Honey for some sweetness but it is totally optional based on your own preference.
👉 Yogurt and it is optional as well, you can use either milk or yogurt or even both.

Instructions:
1) Fill your jar with 1/2 of cup of rolled oats.
2) Add in 1 tablespoon of chia seeds.
3) (optional): Add in 1 tablespoon of honey.
4) (optional): Add in 1 tablespoon of yogurt.
5) Mix them all together.
6) Pop on the lid and put it in the fridge.


I usually add my toppings the next morning, just in case if I change my mind of what kind of toppings that I would want to eat with my overnight oats (just me being indecisive).

For toppings, you can add whatever toppings that you like. Usually I will just add in my favorite fruits such as banana, strawberry and blueberry. You can also add in some nuts for a little crunchiness in your overnight oats. For my Berry Crunch, I added some strawberries, blueberries and walnuts, yummy! 😋

Here are some of my favorite toppings to eat with my overnight oats.

Strawberry + Granola

Banana + Almond

Blueberry + Banana

So there you have it, a quick and easy overnight oats for your breakfast which only takes less than 5 minutes to prepare. As long as you have the base ingredients then you are free to add whatever toppings that you like.

I hope you enjoy your overnight oats as much as I do and I shall update you guys soon in my next blog post. See ya!

Love,
Rachel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Follow Me @rachel_mylif3