Thursday 3 November 2016

# diary # random

3 Years Ago & 3 Years Later

It all began about 3 years ago.....


1st of August to be exact, it was the day where I embarked on this amazing journey in Silverlake, the place where I worked and grew into the person who I am today.

As a fresh graduate who just got a first permanent job as a programmer, everything was so overwhelming when I was not even really a technical person.

Why am I saying that I was not a technical person?
Because honestly, programming had been my greatest weakness in my university life. I flunked in most of my exams that were related to programming. It was not really my proud moment, but thank God I survived!

I struggled to code at work and I didn't even know how to declare a simple variable until I met 3 of the funniest and craziest people on earth, Ian, Mervin and CK. They guided me a lot in completing my tasks at work although there were times when CK almost smacked my head because I was too dumb to understand stuff. Don't blame me, I was born dumb, what can I do? LOL! xD Soon, the 4 of us became best friends and until now, I still cherish our friendships and the time we spent together.

Throwback to 3 years ago when we attended our very first company's annual dinner.
Look at how young and innocent we looked back then, haha!


After working in Silverlake for about one year, I was given the opportunity to work onsite in Brunei. To be honest, working onsite was not easy, but months and months of tortures had shaped me for who I am today. I had gained a lot of valuable knowledge and experience, and I am really grateful for that.

Besides than the torture working onsite, I met a bunch of great people and together we had fun.
And also not to forget, that was when I met Halen and KaiSin, the funniest girls on earth who never failed to make me laugh every single day.
After coming back from Brunei for about one and a half year, then only I decided to leave Silverlake.

3 years later, it was time for me to leave.

The decision to leave was quite bittersweet; I felt sad to leave this place that had become my second home with all my wonderful friends, but I was also happy that I was able to spread my wings and fly higher.

After I had tendered my resignation, farewell lunches and dinners started flowing in. Honestly, each and every farewell lunches and dinners that I went to made it even harder and sadder to leave this place.

After numerous of farewell lunches and dinners, I would like to thank everyone for the free meals! xD
You guys seriously had been feeding me well with delicious food (I still hate that stinky tofu that you fed me, you know who you are xD) throughout my final few weeks in Silverlake and I am so going to blame you guys on the calories right now, haha!


Once again, thank you everyone. Thank you for the memorable memories, thank you for all the laughter, thank you for all the craziness, thank you for being my friends who I can count on and I am truly sorry if I have ever offended or hurt you.

To all my friends here, thank you and all the best! I hope our paths will cross again in the future.

Don't forget to drop me a message if you happen to come to Singapore! ;)

As for now, goodbye my friends.

Love,
Rachel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Follow Me @rachel_mylif3