Friday 2 October 2015

# travel

Hello Gold Coast: Day #1

WE FLEW AGAIN! 

For the first time ever, 8 hours of flight to Gold Coast, Australia.
Before hopping on the plane, I thought "Hey, I'm going to sleep on the plane and once I open up my eyes, poof! I will be there already!". 
Oh God, I've never been so wrong in my life.
Guess what? I only slept for about 3 hours maybe?
My first long haul flight was kinda torturing to me. There was no such thing as comfortable sleeping position in a plane. 

But never mind, it was all worth it. ;)

We were like travelling through time.
Since Australia's time is 2 hours ahead of us so we kinda like flying from a night place to a morning place.
Errr...you know what I mean right?


After 8 hours of sleepless flight, OH HELLO GOLD COAST!

That view, ahhh~~~

DING DING! Tram is coming through!


And here we are! 
The hotel for our 1 week stay in Gold Coast, Australis Sovereign.


We couldn't check in until 2pm so we just left our luggage at the lobby and off we go!
Here we go on our day #1 trip in Gold Coast, Australia.

Breakfast of the day, Bacon Muffin from Hungry Jack's.
My bf told me that Hungry Jack's is actually our Burger King that we have here. 
Why Hungry Jack's? I have no idea but I did know we have Hungry Rachel's here! xD

Bacon Muffin. 

We spent our day walking around Surfers Paradise, exploring the beautiful Gold Coast. 
It was Christmas when we were there and everything was so Christmasy!

Have you ever seen a bunch of kangaroos surfing? 
Yes, they have it in Surfers Paradise!

Merry Christmas from Surfer Paradise.

Koala Claus?

We came across this cute little store, Build-A-Bear Workshop.
Yes, you go in there, pick a bear, pick a cute mini outfit for your bear and you build a bear!
How cool it is? But we didn't build one for ourselves cos I have too many plushies at home.
Girl ain't got any space at home!



It was almost 2pm so we decided to walk back to our hotel, check in to our room and rest.
The views in Gold Coast are just so amazing!
I loved the weather, I loved the views and I loved the tram the most!

DING DING!

Checked in!
The room that we got was huge and we had an amazing view from the balcony too. 
Personally to me, the best hotel is to have an amazing view from the balcony that I don't normally get to see from my balcony at home.

OK! It's time for a room tour!


When we came in through the front door, the mini kitchen and dining area were on our left hand side.
The kitchen area was completed with a mini fridge, microwave, cups and even cutlery. 

Mini kitchen and dining area.


This was what our room looked like when we walked in through the front door.
Kitchen and dining area on the left side, living room on the other side and our bedroom.
It felt like living in a cozy little apartment and I really liked it.


Okay, here comes the best part of the hotel that I was waiting for, I called it the balcony view!


The awesome view that we got from the balcony. 
It was just so damn beautiful!


The awesome view that we got.


Lunch of the day, Uncle Tobys muesli bar that we bought from Woolworths.


We went to Woolworths before we went back to the hotel.
They have like everything in Woolworths or everything that we don't have it in Malaysia and that is what makes grocery shopping in overseas so much fun! 

Then we headed to Surfers Paradise Beach for a walk. 


Fast forward to dinner time.
We wanted to try Domino's Pizza because we don't have those bacon pizza back home.
Yeah, I know it sounds a little sad to not have bacon pizza here and that was why we bacon everything while we were in Gold Coast. xD

We had BBQ Chicken and Rasher Bacon Pizza for dinner.
It was the best pizza that I've tasted so far, it was seriously the best!
Maybe it's just because of I hadn't eaten any bacon pizza before this, yeah I know it's really depressing. Can we move to somewhere that has bacon pizza now?


And fireworks!
We was walking around aimlessly and we heard the sound of fireworks. 
Quickly we rushed towards to where the fireworks noise was and we found it. 
We were so lucky that we rushed to that place on time and yes, our first "under the fireworks" moment. xD


Here are some of the night views from Surfers Paradise.
Walking on the sandy beach during night time was really nice but it was a little cold and windy during that night. 
It was summer time when we were there and I expected it to be fiery hot kind of weather so I wore t-shirt and shorts but it turned out to be a little cold there.
Why? But it was okay, I really loved the weather there because I am that kind of "I rather die from cold than hot" person. =P


And we ended the night with blueberries that we bought from Woolworths.


It was a great day at Surfers Paradise. 
Stay tune with me for our day #2 in Gold Coast.

xoxo~~~♥



じ☆ve【RAchEL】*° 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Follow Me @rachel_mylif3