Thursday 31 December 2015

# travel

IT'S HOLIDAY!

It was that time of the year again where everyone started to go for a holiday, including me.

This time, we headed to The Maldives of Thailand, Koh Lipe.


The legend says that Koh Lipe is as beautiful as Maldives. Everything from crystal clear turquoise water, white sandy beaches and bountiful marine life, Koh Lipe has it. 

Yup, the legend is true! 
Koh Lipe is really a beautiful island. I can't find a word to describe on how beautiful it is. The views are so amazing that I almost thought that they were fake.

I am not sure how deep it is but look at how clear the water is. 
Don't you just want to take a swim by looking at this? 
I almost jumped into the water but my camera stopped me from doing so, haha! 
Gotta get a waterproof camera next time. 


We took a ferry from Langkawi and before reaching the shore, they transferred us into a long tail boat. Amazing views!




We then took a motor taxi for 100 baht (50 baht each person) to our resort because we had no idea where the resort was and it was too hot to walk with two huge luggage bags.
Tip of the day, travel light.


The resort that we were staying at was Lipe Beach Resort and it was an awesome place to stay!


If you are planing to visit Koh Lipe, I would highly recommend Lipe Beach Resort.
There are different type of rooms and bungalows available at a different price rate.

We booked a Beachfront Wooden Bungalow, the one behind the tree but not the one on the left side.
The one on the left side was quite expensive for us so we had to get the smaller one beside it, it was still a great place to stay though!

It is just a small and cozy bungalow at the beach side.


Let's take a bungalow tour!

This is what you see when you go inside the bungalow.


Bed on the right side and you can hang all your clothes on the left side.
The door in front is the toilet but why transparent glass door?
I don't remember pooping can be sexy enough for people to see, haha!

Here is the toilet and it looks kinda creepy to me too.


The light was very dim and I couldn't stop myself from thinking that there might be frogs or insects in the toilet. I was so scared every time when I was taking my shower but I survived!



One tip for you guys if you are planing to stay in a wooden bungalow like this, bring some mosquito repellents with you because there are a lot of mosquitos during the night.

One of the best things about this place, SWING!
I will never get too old for swing, it is the best thing to have.

Weeeee~~~


We walked around on the beach and it was the best feeling on Earth!
It felt so relaxing to just walk around aimlessly.




To all the dog lovers out there, there are a lot of dogs roaming around the island.
Don't forget to pet them when you see them.


We saw a double rainbow while we was walking around the beach, it was our lucky day!


One of the rainbows was very light, my phone couldn't get a good picture of it.
Look at it closely, the lighter rainbow is on the right side.

We had our dinner at one of the shops in Walking Street (I can't remember the name of the shop).



I had a Nasi Goreng Kampung with watermelon juice. 
The taste was good but it was too spicy for me. 
Loved the freshly squeezed watermelon juice, it was so refreshing.


We were walking around at Walking Street and I had to have a bag of potato chips.


And that was how we ended our night.

Another tip for you guys, don't forget to bring along a torch light with you because it gets really dark during night time.

It was time for us to rest after a long day of travel.

Stay tune for the next post, our adventure in Koh Lipe.

Love,
Rachel.



Useful Links
Lipe Beach Resort Accommodation
☞ http://www.lipebeachresort.com/accommodation/

Everything about traveling to Koh Lipe
☞ http://rachelyeo1219.blogspot.my/2015/11/everything-about-traveling-to-koh-lipe.html

More about Koh Lipe
☞ http://kohlipethailand.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Follow Me @rachel_mylif3