Wednesday 10 May 2017

# diary # random

The Music Run Singapore 2017

Hello to all runners out there, newbie runner (because 5 KM is my only kind of run) is here to say hi! 👋😁

Last Saturday, BF and I just took part in the craziest and funnest run ever, The Music Run by AIA.

Imagine that you get to run with your favorite songs and get the chance to experience the loudest music festival after the run, isn't that awesome?

I don't know about you guys but I am definitely into this kind of run! 👍


Okay, before I proceed to talk about the event, let's take a quick look at the event pack that everyone is entitled with.

I got the Rock Star pack which includes T-Shirt, Bag, Rock Star Cap, Phone Waistband, $10 Merchandise Voucher, Sticker and Tattoo. 


Upon the race pack collection, we were given a RFID tag and this tag allowed us to make cashless purchases on the event day itself. All we had to do was to reload it with some cash and you can get a refund for the unused balances at the end of the event.


Doors to the event opened at 3:30 PM and it was a blazing hot day TBH. 


Thank God I had my Rock Star Cap to save me a little from the crazy sun. 

Run began at 5 PM so we still had some time to kill and we decided to walk around to see if we could find something interesting or maybe some shady place to hide from the scorching sun.




And then we found Gong Cha's booth at the back, it felt so great to see your favorite bubble tea was there to support you, LOL! 😂


Had to order a cup of Milk Tea with Herbal Jelly to ease the body, mind and soul (crazy excuses that you made up just to get a drink). 😂


BF got a cup of Purple Plum Tea and it was not really the yummiest drink ever. It tasted like sour blackcurrant juice and you know me, sour drink and food are not my kind of thing.

For those who wished to shop for some The Music Run Merchandise, there was a booth available there selling t-shirt, cap, headband and many more.


And I decided to get The Music Run Women's Singlet from their #FitTheBeat Collection for $30, it was such a cool singlet to have. 😎

Here are the front and back photos of the singlet, it is just a simple black singlet but the play buttons at the back are so cute! 😍

#FitTheBeat #LiveTheBeat

I love it so much! It is one of the comfiest singlets that I have ever owned and I wore it to the gym the next day, seriously can't wait to show it off to the world. 😝

There was a warm up session for us before we started running. It was a short 15 minutes Zumba dance just to shake off our bodies. 💃


It was a huge crowd with all the music runners and here is a picture of everyone trying to gather at the starting line.


While waiting for the race to start, here is a quick selfie of me and my running buddy who hates to run or exercise in general. 😒

Sorry that you got dragged into this, AGAIN! Sorry not sorry! 😂

The best part about this run was all the cool songs that was played along the 5 KM route and that actually made running even much more fun. 🎶

Okay, let's just skip to the finish line.

WE MADE IT with our sweaty face, haha! 👍🏃


And here is our medal.

*Drum roll* 🥁


New running t-shirt and medal added to my collection, CHECKED! ✔


And here comes the best part of The Music Run 2017, THE ULTIMATE AFTER-RUN MUSIC FESTIVAL! 🎶

The after-run party, LET'S GET THE PARTY STARTED! 🎆🎇🎉


Here is another one with fireworks. 🎆


One word to describe everything, AMAZEBALLS! 🙌👍

I will definitely be there again next year for The Music Run 2018!

Alright, that is it for this post. 

It was an amazing experience to join The Music Run 2017, I had a lot of fun on that day and to all music lovers and runners out there, this is the run that you will not want to miss, trust me! 😉

Okay, that's all, till next time people! 👋

The girl who runs (and loves party),
Rachel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Follow Me @rachel_mylif3