Thursday 6 July 2017

# diary # review

Gudetama AKA The Lazy Egg

Hello Bloggies! 

I am back after being MIA for some time (if any of you guys noticed) and today I am going to share to you guys on my lovely experience at Gudetama Cafe Singapore.


Gudetama or as I like to call it, Eggy is one of the adorable cartoon characters from Sanrio (one of Hello Kitty's friends I guess). Eggy appears to be a lazy egg who is feeling "meh" all the time; feeling unmotivated and lazy, just like how I would feel sometimes when I decided to lie in bed doing nothing but feel sad of my life. Yeah, we all have that one moment in life once in a while, nothing to be ashamed of (proud to be me, haha!).

Why did I fall in love with this lazy egg again?

I first saw Eggy a few years back when I was surfing the internet where people would share a bunch of videos of Eggy in a yellow bun form and people would poke its butt with a chopstick to create a pooping Eggy.

Here is a YouTube video of pooping Eggy if you don't quite understand what I was trying to explain earlier. Oh, and it pukes as well.


Don't call me a freak or weirdo first, that is not why I fell in love with Eggy. Uh-uh, not a fan of pooping and puking Eggy. Before I actually fell in love with Eggy, I used to hate it because this egg looked so depressing and I would be like "couldn't you be happier?". Until one day I realized I could actually relate to this egg because feeling "meh" was basically what I felt when I didn't want to face the world. Slowly I started to notice a lot of shops selling Gudetama merchandise and some of them were really cute especially those t-shirts that I got from Uniqlo (click here to read more).


Isn't it adorable? The third black t-shirt is currently my favorite of them all, it is so cute for it to sit in an eggshell and chill like there is nothing else to worry about. The first white t-shirt is what best describe me when there is time where I don't feel like I can "human" anymore, "seriously... I can't...". That is why I fell in love with this lazy egg, I just love how chill and lazy it is, haha!

Okay, I think we should move on to talk about the cafe.


First thing first, let me show you guys on how this cafe looks like on the inside. Beware, lots of cute lazy egg decors ahead! Seriously, this is like another version of Disneyland; it is a happy place with happy people and you will not want to leave this place afterwards, sounds like Disneyland huh? 😂



We were seated on this "egg chair" and this question hit me, "can I have one of these chairs at home?". I believe I was not the only one who wished to have one of these "egg chairs" at home, am I right? You guys would love to have one in your home too right? 😁 But seriously, where did they get these "egg chairs", I am curious. 🤔 Can they make a doughnut chair too? Or a burger chair?


I wish I could be as chill as Gudetama. Chill... 😌 That is a tissue box BTW, so cute!


Even the menu looks so cute and look at that lazy face of Gudetama welcoming you to the cafe on the menu cover page.


We were a little greedy with our food (since we were there already so why not?) and we ordered an appetizer, two main courses and a dessert. I know right, that sounds a lot for two persons but surprisingly, we managed to finish them all! Not a single food wasted! 👍

We got the Gudetama Lobster Onsen as our appetizer, basically a lobster bisque served in a bread bowl with some salad at the side and Gudetama decided to have some spa moment in our hot soup (ahhh, how relaxing it is).

 Gudetama Lobster Onsen ($16.00)

I am a seafood lover and I decided to try their Lazy Surfer, assorted grilled seafood with Brazilian rice. Honestly, I had no idea what a Brazilian rice was and what kind of yellowy sauce that was served with my seafood but this dish was delicious. 😋👍 BTW, what does "bo chup" means? 🤔

 Lazy Surfer ($28.50)

BF ordered "Shiok" Pork Ribs as his main course and I was only interested with the FRIES! You can have the pork ribs all to yourself but leave those fries alone, those are mine! ✋ And I want some of those veggies as well, that is what I call a balance diet (actually that was the worst diet advice ever, haha)! 👍😂 

"Shiok" Pork Ribs ($38.50)

Honestly, we did not expect much from Gudetama Cafe, we thought usually themed cafes serve like okay kind of food because they focus more on the "theme" but not really on the food. Not trying to say that all themed cafes food are awful but usually they just kind of taste normal to me. But Gudetama Cafe has proved us wrong, according to BF, their pork ribs were one of the best that he has tried so far, it was worth the price he paid. Thumbs up from him. 👍

Last but not least, my favorite part of this meal, *drum roll...* THE DESSERT!

I am a huge fan of matcha and I had to give this a try! Masu-cha was the first thing that caught my eyes on the drinks menu, it is a matcha smoothie with Pepero chocolate sticks, caramel popcorn, marshmallows and some chocolate drizzle on top of everything. The matcha smoothie was so good but the chocolate drizzle was a little too sweet for me.

Masu-cha ($11.90)

At the end of the day, we were both happy (or maybe just me?) and satisfied with our delicious food at Gudetama Cafe Singapore. We highly recommend you guys to give this Eggy a try. 👍

I think my favorite color right now is yellow. 😝


Before I end this post, here is a quick reminder for you guys who have not gotten your new Ezlink Gudetama card. Ezlink just started to sell these cute limited edition Gudetama cards not too long ago so go get them fast before they are all sold out. 😉👍


Here are my Gudetama Ezlink cards with my mini eggy plushie that I got from TaoBao. 😍


Okay, that is it to this post and I hope you guys enjoy reading as much as I enjoyed eating at Gudetama Cafe, haha!

So now which theme cafe should I try next?
I actually have Pompompurin Cafe Singapore in my mind. 😉

The Biggest Eggy Fan,
Rachel.

1 comment:

  1. War Remnants Museum is one of the most popular museums in Vietnam that has always been an attractive place to visit. The Jakarta travel guide Mr. Pathak will help you to give some tips to travel there. Watch his informative YouTube video and Subscribe to the channel- Mr. Pathak Travel.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Follow Me @rachel_mylif3