Friday 3 February 2017

# theme park # travel

Holiday Well Spent

Hello Bloggies!

As you know, I am sometimes (all the time πŸ˜’) quite slow in updating my blog and here I am with my Christmas blog post on Chinese New Year. Can you see how slow I am right now? Haha, my apologies for the delay.

A quick flashback to last year's Christmas where I got to spend the holiday with my family in Singapore. My mom and two of my sisters (Ingrid and Hazel) came to Singapore on Christmas eve and they were here for 3 days 2 nights.

It was quite difficult to book a hotel room during peak season; either the room rate was too expensive (since it was peak season) or the location was non-strategic. In the end, I found a room on Airbnb and to my surprise, we actually had a great experience from using Airbnb. It was my first time using Airbnb and I did not realize how easy it was to book a room through Airbnb and you can actually find quite a few rooms that are cheaper than hotel rooms (suitable for budget travelers).

For dog lovers like us, we found ourselves lucky when we knew that there would be dogs in the Airbnb that we rent. Yeah, we are one of those people who will get very excited when we see dogs.

🐢🐢🐢



Dog: "Hooman are so annoying." πŸ˜‚

We then went to Bugis Junction for some retail therapy and of course, my dearest sister Ingrid couldn't resist the urge to get a new bag at Charles & Keith.

πŸ‘œπŸ‘œπŸ‘œ

That happy face when you just bought your favourite bag.

We went to Universal Studio Singapore on the next day to have some fun. You can never say no to theme park and no one is ever too old for theme park. πŸ˜‰

🌏🌏🌏


Okay now, let's go and meet the Minions, my favourite attraction in USS!

How can you not love the adorable and stubby yellow (even though yellow is not my favourite colour) creatures?
And look, Minion headband! 😍


Even mom approved it. πŸ˜‚


We had a lot of fun at USS despite the hot weather. Just us being crazy together.
Then it started to rain heavily around 5:00 PM and this happened.

Mom was wearing a raincoat and I have no idea what were Ingrid and Hazel thinking. πŸ˜‚


USS turned into a water park in seconds! Some of the rides were still operated and we decided to ride on one of the roller coasters.

That fun feeling to ride on a roller coaster on a rainy day.

After we got so soaking wet then only we remembered that we did not have any towels and we still had to take the train home.

The next question was how to "un-soaked" ourselves?


Okay, first thought on riding a roller coaster on a rainy day: FREAKING AWESOME!

Actually not that awesome when you can feel the raindrops poking your face like a needle. Ouch! 😣

It was quite depressing when the rain did not show any signs of stopping and slowly, it started to rain heavily. Most of the outdoor rides had to close because of the rain, why rain? Why? πŸ˜”

We then decided to witness the World's Largest Indoor Light Bulb Display and it was amazing. I can not imagine how much of efforts they had put in to create this masterpiece.

There were tiny light bulbs (824,961 to be exact) all over the place and the view was beautiful and magical. It was like entering the Narnia world.








In the end, the rain did not stop and we took the train back to VivoCity for dinner. Everyone was hungry after a crazy day at USS, hungry and wet, haha!

Dinner of the day: Monster Curry.

Hazel is a huge fan of Japanese curry rice and she decided to have this for dinner.

Hazel, Ingrid and mom were sharing a huge plate of Chicken Katsu Curry with an additional omelette and the amount of food in this bowl was insane.


Bf and I, we both shared a plate of Monster Egg Curry and the curry was really delicious. 


To all Japanese curry lovers out there, don't forget to give this a try. πŸ‘


At the end of the day, we were all exhausted but at least everyone was happy.

A holiday well spent with my family and going back to work on the next following Monday after the holiday was freaking blue. 😩

I am so grateful to have the chance to spend the Christmas holiday with my family.
Thank you mom and sis, you guys are awesome. 😘

Okay, that is it for this post, thank you for reading and Happy Chinese New Year.

I know it is too late to say Merry Christmas so buh bye. πŸ‘‹

Love,
Rachel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Follow Me @rachel_mylif3