Friday 29 January 2016

# tags # travel

What's In My Travel Backpack?

Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog.

I have just come back from a holiday in Jakarta and I thought I would show you guys what is in my travel backpack.

I do travel quite often and finally I know what are the essentials or basic things that I need to pack in my carry-on backpack.

I hope this blog post would help you guys a little on what to pack in your carry-on backpack.
Or if you have any tips to share, don't forget to comment down below.

Okay, let's get started!

This is my backpack that I brought with me to Jakarta.

As you can see from here, I am a HUGE Mickey Mouse fan!
This backpack was my 24th birthday present from my bf and he got it from Vans.
If you are more of a Minnie Mouse fan, they have it in Minnie Mouse design too.


In my backpack: Camera, umbrella, water bottle, cleansing wipe, notebook, power bank, passport holder and two purses. 


The reason why I love this backpack so much is because it has a very spacious space and of course, it is Mickey Mouse! =P

I always put my camera in the camera bag and sling it over my shoulder but sometimes, I find it difficult to like moving around. The strap of the bag will be keep falling off from my shoulder and it is kind of irritating when you are carrying a lot of things with you.

Thanks to this backpack, I managed to put everything including the camera bag in the backpack.

Many of you may be wondering why don't I just carry the camera with me, without the camera bag.
It is my precious camera and I am a very rough person so, it has got to be in the bag to avoid any unnecessary scratch or whatever possible incident that could happen to it.

My Preciousssss (Please ignore my bad photoshop skill)

Moving on to the next item in my backpack, umbrella.
Honestly, I hate carrying an umbrella with me because it is heavy to me but you never know when it will rain so yeah, better be prepared than to end up soaking wet.

A water bottle, it is important to keep yourself hydrated throughout your holiday.
It is considered as a basic human needs to me.
Just bring along an empty bottle with you then fill it up at the airport and don't forget to fill them up again before you leave the hotel to explore the city.

If you have an oily skin like me, don't forget to bring a packet of cleansing wipe with you.
I have a really oily skin and it can get really nasty so I need a cleansing wipe to keep my face fresh all day.

I am the old school type of person who is still using a notebook instead of the note app that you can find in your smartphone. Writing down stuff is very important to me because I have a really short term memory.

One of the most important things to have in your backpack, power bank.
We used our phones a lot throughout the trip just to Google. We Googled what to do, where to eat, what to buy and all sort of things. This is where power bank comes in handy, to make sure our phones will never run out of battery and of course, don't forget to charge your power bank while you are sleeping at night.

To me, it is very important to carry your passport along with you and I think having a passport holder like this is quite convenient. I can keep every important documents such as my boarding pass, bus ticket, train ticket or whatever it is all together in this holder. It is much easier to look for the document that you want when they are all well organized in this passport holder.


Why am I carrying two purses?
I prefer to keep different currency in a different purse. It is much easier for me because sometimes, different notes might have the almost same colour and it is seriously confusing.
Imagine all the coins are placed together in one same purse, you will have a hard time in looking for the right coins.


Let's move on to the front pocket of my backpack.
I really love backpack that has a front pocket, it is much easier for me to access little things that I need during the trip.

In my backpack's front pocket: Facial tissue, medications (just in case), sanitary pad, lip balm and candy or mint.


I can't live without a pack of facial tissue because I tend to sweat a lot during a hot sunny day.
I used to steal tissues from my hotel room (cheapskate me =P) but then sometimes, they only provided toilet paper instead of facial tissue so yeah, better carry one myself.

Don't forget to bring along some medications with you, you will never know what might happen next. My bf got a really bad food poisoning during our last trip in Bangkok, luckily there was a pharmacy next to our hotel else I seriously had no idea where to look for a pharmacy so, the best thing to do is to at least carry some like paracetamol or whatever you think you might need.

Girls talk now. You will never know when your girl is going to pay you a visit so yeah, just carry one to be safe because sometimes it is unpredictable when your hormones are going cray cray. Girls problem.

Carry your favourite lip balm with you because your lips can get very dry when you are in the plane.
My lips crack easily so I always carry one or two with me.

Candy or mint, it is a must. You know how you get one of those stinky breath when you are traveling for a very long time so yeah, just to keep your breath fresh and clean. Or maybe just something for you to chew on when you are bored.

Okay, that is it for my backpack story.
I hope you guys enjoy it and somehow find it useful.

Thank you for reading and I will update you guys on another blog post soon.

See ya!



Rachel.

2 comments:

  1. Lightweight backpack is packable and convenient for travel suitability. School, work or travel, these tourist backpack bags makes association easy. However, for city-hopping by train, plane, and bus, these travel backpacks fell little in the urban environment.

    travel backpack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great. Many thanks for sharing this information with us. Great discussion. Regards: Top Everyday Carry Backpack 2022

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Follow Me @rachel_mylif3